Rust Cover is a fast drying milky white latex coating that is applied to rusted metal to stop rust, protect the surface and act as a primer for further coats of paint.
It is waster-based single-component synthetic resin emulsion which combines with rust and iron to form an protective layer, protect the surface and act as a primer for further coats of paint. It can be applied to still bare or rusted metal to protect against corrosion and help cost savings thanks to efficient and easy application.
Steel construction, machinery, tools, general maintenance in industry and handicraft, vehicles, etc.
- Kills old rust-prevents new rust.
- No sandblasting-simply wire brush to remove loose rust.
- Directly applied to rusted area.
- Forms a rust-inhibiting protective layer which can be topcoated.
- Cost savings thanks to efficient and easy application.
- Works on damp rusty metal.
- Do not contain any solvent (Non-Flammable)
- Environmental friendly product, Non-Hazardous chemical
- Non-Carcinogenic (it does not contain Zinc Chromate)
Corrosion chemical reaction occurred in presence of wet condition :
Iron + Water + Oxygen ----> Rust
4 Fe(s) + 6 H2O(l) + 3 O2(g) -----> 4 Fe(OH)3(s)
Iron(III) Hydroxide, Fe(OH)3 is hydrolized to form Fe2O3.nH2O(s) or Rust